This is SoR Radio!
The 3rd-Annual SoR Radio Fall Marathon!
Saturday, October 4th, it's the 3rd-Annual SoR Radio Fall Marathon! Your chance to hear from the extended SoR Radio family, and enjoy shows that don't air any other time of year!
Year 1 was 10 hours. Last year, 12 hours. This year? We're doing 14! Let's see if the inmates of this particular classic rock asylum will last this time around!
The one thing you can count on, regardless, is many, many hours of great classic rock! You'll hear favorites as well as tunes you never knew existed! They all have one thing in common, however: They're all from the library at SoR Radio! With over 20,000 songs, it's a library that has few equals anywhere in the globe!
So mark your calendars for Saturday, October 4th, for the "official kick-off!" All times are Eastern, -4 UTC:
- 6:00 a.m. - Starting off the Marathon, it's four hours of music, merriment, and mischief with the Professor, the Budman, Doc Blackburn, and Special Chad as The School of Rock starts the marathon off with a bang!
- 10:00 a.m. - Join Mitch-A-Palooza (and hopefully DJ Crinkle) for a live in-lounge vinyl hootenanny with Black Circle Radio! Two hours of pure vinyl, as only the Mitch-Man can provide!
- 12:00 noon - It's the B-Sides, deep tracks, and album cuts as only Special Chad can deliver them when The Back-40 takes to the streamwaves at its normal day and time!
- 2:00 p.m. - Special Guest DJ Krzyz1 jumps into the big chair as the host of The Women of Rock, 120 minutes of rock from the female side of the classic rock genre, but no less rock-and-roll than their male counterparts!
- 4:00 p.m. - It's a once-a-year treat, the Budman as a solo act in the lounge with Songs From the Edge, two hours of prog-rock and fusion-rock like you won't hear anywhere (or anywhen) else!
- 6:00 p.m. - Then, to round out the marathon, join your Rock Conductor, Flipper, for The Rock-and-Roll Express, and ride the classic rock rails all the way to 8:00 p.m.
All day long, a full schedule of shows and personalities! Saturday, October 4th, it's SoR Radio's 3rd-Annual Fall Marathon! Only here on SoR Radio, where it's *always* Your Right to ROCK!
20,000 songs and more!
WE DID IT!
20,000 songs in the SoR Library: Goal met and already passed with a vengeance! Our current library stands at 20,148 tracks! Recent additions include additional music from:
- Albert Hammond
- Dusty Springfield
- Garland Jeffreys
- Jeff Healey Band
- Led Zeppelin
- Roy Orbison
- Sam Cooke
- Status Quo
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Ten Years After
- Vaughan Brothers
- Walter Becker
Our new goal is 25k by the end of 2014! Only four months to add 4,852 songs, but with your help, we can do it! If you'd like to donate towards our goal, please use our Paypal donation link on the right and, if it's for something specific, just let us know! $1 buys a new song, $10 buys a new album!
See you at 25k songs on New Year's Day, 2015, and keep on Rockin' with SoR Radio!
The SoR ALS IBC Outtakes!
Well, we are a comedy show after all... so here is the School of Rock's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - the Outtakes!
The School of Rock ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!
We threatened, you didn't blink, so.... here it is!
New Music as of August 21st, 2014!
It's the middle of August, but we've been working on pushing the limits of the SoR Radio library, and it's showing! We're getting nearer and nearer to that elusive 20k mark! Over the last couple weeks, we've added new music from:
- The Climax Blues Band
- The Foundations
- Jackson Browne
- Jim Steinman
- King Harvest
- The New York Dolls
- Ronnie Wood
- Southside Johnny & the Ashbury Jukes