This is SoR Radio!
Mid-November Music (Updated!)
[Updated 4:15 p.m. EST - November 12, 2014]
Oh what a difference a few hours can make! We have now passed the 21k mark, the library counter stands at 21,219 tunes making up SoR Radio, all requeastable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
|Uriah Heep||Vanilla Fudge|
With the holidays coming, you can expect the library to climb even higher, and provide you an ever-growing series of choices for your requests! We've got the giving spirit, and we're gonna keep on giving you more of the world's best classic, only here on SoR Radio, the only station on Earth where it's *always* Your Right to ROCK!
Mid-October Music Update!
The SoR Radio library just won't stop growing! We're up to 20,686 songs after adding the following groups, and it's all requestable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
|English Beat||Lone Justice|
|Lord Rockingham's XI||Squeeze|
|The Hollies||The Turtles|
And we're not done yet! The library will keep growing until there's no classic rock we don't have! That's why SoR Radio's the only station in the world where it's *always* Your Right to ROCK!
Top-50 Classic Rock Artists
So the folks at about.com have posted their list of the Top-50 classic rock bands of all time (below). Let's hear it, SoR Radio-heads... are they right? Who in this list shouldnt' be there? Who should be there that isn't? Comment and let us know!
1. The Beatles
Essential Album: Revolver
With record sales estimated at more than a billion worldwide, no other band had a greater influence on the course of rock music.
2. Pink Floyd
Essential Album: Wish You Were Here
At the vanguard of the Progressive Rock movement, they have sold more than 200-million albums since 1967. One of the first bands to use light shows and fireworks in their live performances.
3. The Who
Essential Album: Who's Next
One of the first, most successful, and longest lasting power trios, The Who were innovative both musically and technically.
4. The Rolling Stones
Essential Album: Sticky Fingers
The original "bad boys" of rock, the Stones are among the most durable bands, recording and touring with few breaks since they began in 1961.
5. Led Zeppelin
Essential Album: Led Zeppelin IV
Their "Stairway To Heaven" is believed to have received more radio airplay than any other song in history, even though it was never released as a single.
New Music as of October 2nd, 2014!
Just in time for the 3rd-Annual Fall Marathon... new tracks added to the SoR Radio library from:
|The 1910 Fruitgum Company|
|Anderson Brufort Wakeman How|
|Derek and the Dominos|
|Hagar Schon Aaronson Shrieve|
|Mott the Hoople|
|Pure Prairie League|
This brings our new music total up to 20,541 songs, all requestable 24 hours a day! SoR Radio, the only station in the world where it's *always* Your Right to ROCK!
The 3rd-Annual SoR Radio Fall Marathon!
Saturday, October 4th, it's the 3rd-Annual SoR Radio Fall Marathon! Your chance to hear from the extended SoR Radio family, and enjoy shows that don't air any other time of year!
Year 1 was 10 hours. Last year, 12 hours. This year? We're doing 14! Let's see if the inmates of this particular classic rock asylum will last this time around!
The one thing you can count on, regardless, is many, many hours of great classic rock! You'll hear favorites as well as tunes you never knew existed! They all have one thing in common, however: They're all from the library at SoR Radio! With over 20,000 songs, it's a library that has few equals anywhere in the globe!
So mark your calendars for Saturday, October 4th, for the "official kick-off!" All times are Eastern, -4 UTC:
- 6:00 a.m. - Starting off the Marathon, it's four hours of music, merriment, and mischief with the Professor, the Budman, Doc Blackburn, and Special Chad as The School of Rock starts the marathon off with a bang!
- 10:00 a.m. - Join Mitch-A-Palooza (and hopefully DJ Crinkle) for a live in-lounge vinyl hootenanny with Black Circle Radio! Two hours of pure vinyl, as only the Mitch-Man can provide!
- 12:00 noon - It's the B-Sides, deep tracks, and album cuts as only Special Chad can deliver them when The Back-40 takes to the streamwaves at its normal day and time!
- 2:00 p.m. - Special Guest DJ Krzyz1 jumps into the big chair as the host of The Women of Rock, 120 minutes of rock from the female side of the classic rock genre, but no less rock-and-roll than their male counterparts!
- 4:00 p.m. - It's a once-a-year treat, the Budman as a solo act in the lounge with Songs From the Edge, two hours of prog-rock and fusion-rock like you won't hear anywhere (or anywhen) else!
- 6:00 p.m. - Then, to round out the marathon, join your Rock Conductor, Flipper, for The Rock-and-Roll Express, and ride the classic rock rails all the way to 8:00 p.m.
All day long, a full schedule of shows and personalities! Saturday, October 4th, it's SoR Radio's 3rd-Annual Fall Marathon! Only here on SoR Radio, where it's *always* Your Right to ROCK!